Inside the September-October 2023 edition of Lighthouse Digest, the world’s only lighthouse news and history magazine…
Many untold and forgotten stories that will not be found anywhere else, such as:
- The Passing of a Legend – Bruce Roberts
- The Lighthouse Spectre of Pladda Island
- The Fresnel Lens Removed from Concord Point Lighthouse, Maryland
- They Almost Got It Right – how a pack mule got to the Farallon Island Lighthouse in San Francisco Bay, California
- Disney Movie Featured the First West Quoddy Head Lighthouse, the Easternmost Lighthouse in the USA
- Swallowtail Lighthouse Repairs on Grand Manan Island in Canada
- The Iron Beacon – Fairhaven, Massachusetts
- A Lighthouse Mystery “Out Yonder”
- Pomham Rocks Third Keeper Honored with U.S. Lighthouse Service Grave Marker Plaque
- Montauk Light on New York’s Long Island Gets Spruced Up
- Plum Island Lighthouse in New York Gets Major Restoration
- Florida’s Anclote Key Lighthouse
- Vacationland Lighthouse – FOUND!
- Squantum Grant Restores History at Pomham Rocks Lighthouse in Rhode Island
- Working at the Port Austin Reef Lighthouse in Michigan
- Cleft of the Rock Lighthouse For Sale
- Remembering Lighthouse Keeper Ernest Gregory DeRaps
- Bowling Keepers Honored with Memorial Grave Marker
- Treacherous Lighthouse Restored – Tevennec Lighthouse off the Coast of France
- The Artist’s Muse
- Regular columns: From the Commodore, Doomsday List, Lost Lighthouses, Recently Acquired Photos, From the Archives of Lighthouse Digest, Keeper’s Korner, Photos of Interest, and Wickies Wisdom
And . . . so much more.
Cover image is the Marquette Harbor Lighthouse in Michigan by John McCormick.
Read the complete issue with all the photos as printed in the Lighthouse Digest.
This is a Download. Once your payment is complete, you will receive an email from us telling you how to download the issue. You can only download one time, so once you retrieve it, you should save it to your computer if you want to refer back to it.
Please note: You should download to a device with adequate storage or memory so that the issue can be saved. Each PDF issue is roughly 50MB. Data and usage rates may apply to Lighthouse Digest download and use. To view the PDF download, you must have the Adobe Reader® software installed on your computer. To get a free version of this software from Adobe, click here.
If you are looking for a printed version of any back issues you can order back issues up thru the current issue by clicking here.